“I love everything horses even their smell. You can find me hanging out in a barn to relax. My music preferences range from the sophisticated music of vocalists Basha and Nicole Nordeman, to jazz and the epic sounds of Cirque du Soleil. A Stargate SG-1 fan for clean action adventure and endless supply of educational books is my entertainment preference. A deep conversation equals quality time. A good day is surrounded by leather, textures, southwestern style, and my animals on the farm. My need is to be authentic and to live life like Heaven is real.”
Barb Gordon, of www.BarbGordonPhotoCoach.com is a
- Master Photographer
- Photographic Craftsman
- Certified Professional Photographer
- (with the Professional Photographers of America (PPA) to which she has belonged since 1984. )
- Photographic Business Degree: Business Impact Zone of Iowa (BIZ)
- 2011 graduate of the E-Myth Mastery Impact, Core Business Development Program.
She is a nationally published and award winning photographer, entrepreneur, speaker, and author including:
- being published in the prestigious PPA Loan Collection 2010 and 2006,
- PPA Showcase 2003
- twice named Iowa‘s Top Ten Photographer of the Year
- 2010 Iowa’s Master Photographer of the Year
- 2010 Professional Photographers of America’s Photographer of the Year, Silver Level.
She graduated in 1985 from the second highest rated photography program in the nation – Hawkeye Community College. Hawkeye is located in Waterloo, Iowa and has an excellent photography department to this day. She still serves on the alumni board for the photography department. After many years of working at other studios, she opened Gordon Photography & Gallery Inc, in 1993 in Iowa. www.GordonPhotography.Biz
As a recent breast cancer survivor of 2006, Barb started www.PortraitsAndStories.com in July 2009 as a photo essay project to encourage survivors, their families, and their friends through images and blog posts by the survivors on a wide variety of topics.
She has been locally honored by
- YWCA Tribute to Women of Achievement 2001
- Advanced Entrepreneur of the Year 2003.
“Since there are so many international subscribers, I thought it would be nice to show some of the local scenery. ”